Go to: WanderingDave.com | Blog | Forum | Maps | Photos | Podcast

Monday, August 20, 2007

Prince of Pringle Creek


Shortly after I arrived in Brooklin, I received a note from my previous stop. Because of a cancellation, I had "traveled" only cross town and was spending three more days in the Toronto area.

The message directed me to call about a package I'd left behind. The facility manager, whom I shall always remember as "Artie" even though he shares my name, urged me to return for a special bundle.

I drove back "home" that afternoon and was warmly greeted by Ida -- an Irish gal who stands (I should say sits) sentry near the front door for hours at a time and greets visitors with a smile and her version of "top of the morning."

Dave -- er, Artie -- was in the office and presented me with a beautifully wrapped gift package including several signature items from Pringle Creek.

I've been treated like royalty in most of the facilities I've visited so far, some more than others. Pringle Creek set a new standard both for fun, friendliness and the gift bag.

If this largess contines, I may need to attach a trailer to the Saturn...

No comments: