Go to: WanderingDave.com | Blog | Forum | Maps | Photos | Podcast

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mon Dieu, I have the Flieu


You can spray him wherever you figure there's streptococci lurk
You can give him a shot for whatever's he's got, but it just won't work
If he's tired of getting the fish eye from the hotel clerk
A person can develop a cold.

You can feed him all day with the vitamin A and the bromofizz
But the medicine never gets anywhere near where the trouble is.
If he's getting a kind of name for himself, and the name ain't his
A person can develop a cough


        --Guys and Dolls

It's evidently not a 24-hour virus, 'cause it's been around longer than that. All of the old familar symptoms have arrived-- congestion, cough, sore-throat and aching muscles.

I never know whether it's the flu or a cold -- either way, I'm always astounded at how little I appreciate feeling good ... until I don't.

A long road trip awaits in the morning. If symptoms persist -- and if I survive the drive -- I'll seek medical assistance in New Brunswick.

Meanwhile, sorry for the gap in blogs -- I'm immersed in French and flu symptoms for the moment.

No comments: