Go to: WanderingDave.com | Blog | Forum | Maps | Photos | Podcast

Monday, November 06, 2006

Folks seem to enjoy talking about travel...

I think I may be on to something here...

I've been telling people about my upcoming adventure and many seem to be curious about the "who, what, where, when, why and how" of the thing; others are very interested in sharing their own stories of life on the road.

When people appear to be intrigued by something you are doing, I guess it's just human nature to start thinking of oneself as being a bit "intriguing." The decision to document my "four corners tour" puts the spotlight on me -- and that's both exciting and a bit disconcerting.

It occurs to me that I'm sort of creating a "poor man's reality show." There are big differences, of course -- I don't have a crew of producers; I'm the director (that should help control the number of "in flagrente delecto" scenes that are so popular on the TV versions); I'm the only "contestant"; and this show won't be on Television.

My little reality show won't have the drama and action seen in Hollywood productions; but I promise that it will all be "real." and you re welcome to come along for the ride -- add a comment to this posting or go on over to the forum and join the ongoing discussion.

No comments: